As a Manufacturing Engineer, it requires a blend of technical knowledge in engineering principles and a practical understanding of manufacturing processes and constraints. Primarily concerned with optimizing manufacturing processes for existing products or products that have already been designed. It Involves making design adjustments to enhance manufacturability, creating production files, and improving production efficiency.
- Design for Manufacturability, and Cost Reduction Strategy by adjusting designs to ensure that they are feasible and efficient to manufacture.
- Work closely with Engineering and Operations team to ensure drawings, specifications and engineering documents properly convey engineering intent.
- Confers with planning and design staff regarding manufacturability of engineering designs and specifications to ensure ability of vendors to deliver quality parts, on time.
- Create Production Files including drawings for sub contractors by preparing detailed instructions and documentation needed for the manufacturing process.
- Streamline production processes to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and improve quality.
- Production related troubleshooting and problem solving such as addressing issues that arise during the manufacturing process and implementing solutions.
Qualifications and Skills:
- BSc. in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or similar Engineering degree.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have strong analytical skills and be detail oriented.
- An understanding of the manufacturing process.
- Ability to collaborate with both the engineering and the production teams.
- Knowledge in analog and digital systems, power electronics, PCB.
- Knowledge in RF systems will be considered an advantage.
- Experience with military standard solutions for stationary/ vehicular/ airborne will be considered an advantage.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org